Agenda of a Regular Meeting
Student Health Advisory Council
A regular meeting of the Student Health Advisory Council for Pearsall ISD will be held on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2022 beginning at 12:00 PM at the Pearsall High School Library, located at 1990 Maverick Drive, Pearsall, Texas 78061
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on this meeting notice.
Please note that SHACs are not subject to full Texas Open Meeting Act Requirements.
*SHAC is responsible for making recommendations to the board
-not adopting a policy.
*Public comment is not required.
-Communication is encouraged and best practice.
I. Call to Order
III. Introduction of Council Members for 2022-2023 SY
IV. Review the Purpose of SHACs
V. Briefly go over the position for Chair, Co-Chair, and Secretary
VI. Elect Chair, Co-Chair, and Secretary
VII. Introduce Ms. Melissa Bass, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, District Test Coordinator, and Instructional Materials Director.
VIII. Presentation by Ms. Bass on Health Curriculum currently under consideration for 2023-2024 SY.
IX. Review the next steps required for the successful school implementation of the curriculum.
X. Closing thoughts, questions, concerns.
XI. Announce next meeting date scheduled for Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 at 12 Noon @ PHS Library.
XII. Meeting Adjourned.
As per HB 1525 87th_ Legislative Session Updates:
- The notice for this meeting was posted on Tuesday 02/21/2023 at the following campuses:
- This notice has also been posted on the Pearsall ISD District Website on Tuesday, February 21st, 2022.
- -Central Office of Pearsall ISD
- -Pearsall Ted Flores Elementary Campus
- -Pearsall Intermediate Campus
- -Pearsall Alternative Campus
- -Pearsall Junior High Campus
- -Pearsall High School Campus